Creating solutions to improve the projects and programs of our clients.
Through our creativity, teamwork, and a commitment to doing better for our communities.
Our Commitment to Quality
We implement a comprehensive quality program that is championed by leadership, involves everyone in the company, and is customer focused. Quality standards are imbedded in our culture through a systematic, documented review process for each deliverable.
Our Commitment to Customer Service
Our customer service best practices to go beyond responsive communication to understand the big picture – priorities, context, and risks for each client’s program. When we agree to support a project or program, we commit to a relationship that requires preparation, understanding, and collaboration with our customer.
Our Commitment to Safety
“Safety first” is practiced through job specific safety evaluations, regular safety briefings, specialized safety training, and regular dialogue about potential risks and methods to improve the safety of our employees, our clients, and the public.
Our Commitment to Project Management
We invest in detailed project workplans and conduct systematic reviews to track progress. We understand that we’re only successful if we successfully manage scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resources, and risk.
Strategies for Success
We assess a project early in its planning stage for strategies to improve outcomes for the environment and communities, while often reducing project costs and schedules.
Management and Consulting
- Program management workflow and procedure development to improve reliability, compliance, and consistency.
- Implementation of information technology and tools that create efficiencies and improve communication.
- Creative processes and material choice to reduce costs and improve sustainability.
- Asset management planning to improve risk management and target resources.
- Project planning, alternative analysis, and community engagement strategies to build consensus.
Environmental Design and Engineering
- Design strategies to reduce construction costs and reuse materials.
- Ecological restoration techniques that mimic natural systems, restore biological functions, and reduce maintenance needs.
- Modeling and scenario analysis to mitigate flooding and improve resiliency.
- Building design and construction consulting to reduce energy use and obtain certifications.
Assessments and Permitting
- Scientific expertise and data analysis to provide results that achieve technical, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Negotiate permit conditions through an understanding of the science, regulatory requirements, and construction constraints.
- Streamlined permitting processes that reduce project schedules.
- Strategies to avoid and minimize impacts to the environmental and communities while achieving project goals.
Diverse Clients & Contracts
We work with a variety of industries and government entities. Improving environmental performance is a goal that is almost universal. Our clients are government agencies, non-profit organizations, engineers, architects, contractors, and developers. We hold several on-call contracts that can be utilized by multiple entities.
Alternative Project Delivery
We support a variety of project delivery models, from traditional Design-Bid-Build methods to Design-Build, Public Private Partnerships (P3), and Full Delivery. Owners that seek expedited project delivery, shared risk, and shared financing may pursue an alternative delivery model.
Our team’s experience includes supporting the owner in a management role and supporting contractors and developers with design and construction oversight. We’re accustomed to utilizing creative strategies for planning, design, and permitting to meet the needs of a particular delivery method.
Certified Diverse Business
Straughan is a Certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) with the federal government. We are a Certified Minority (MBE)/Disadvantaged (DBE)/Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with various state and local governments.