By: Larry Trout, Jr., PE
Many communities and agencies are looking for partners to build and sustain their ability to thrive in the face of environmental challenges such as water pollutants, water supply, air pollutants, climate change, flooding, and forest, wetland, and other habitat loss. In today’s economic climate where budgets are being slashed and organizations are being asked to do more with less, Straughan has the expertise to evaluate and assist with securing a range of funding alternatives, including grants.
Straughan has considerable experience providing strategic programmatic services to clients for water quality improvements, flood mitigation, coastal resiliency, transportation alternative programs and other similar improvement projects. Services include identification and preparation of grant applications and implementation and management of grant funding once it has been secured. Straughan works across discipline lines, working with team members, clients, and owners to develop innovative and alternative project procurement and funding methods to deliver technically complex and/or large projects.
We are adept at assisting clients in the identification and evaluation of alternative funding sources and developing and implementing successful strategies for securing the funding. This includes supporting underserved communities. Our staff has had tremendous success with combining (pooling) various funding sources while involving combinations of local/state government, non-profits, and private entities. Types of grants Straughan staff have assisted in obtaining and implementing include, but are not limited to:
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) Chesapeake Bay Stewardship Fund Grant
- Chesapeake Bay Trust (CBT) Watershed Assistance Grant (WAG)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Green Infrastructure Techniques for Coastal Highway Resilience Research Grant
- FHWA Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) Grants
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) Community Water Quality Improvement Program (CWQIP)
- DNREC Watershed Improvement Projects Implementation Initiative
- DNREC Strategic Opportunity Fund for Adaptation (SOFA)
- DNREC Surface Water Matching Planning Grants
- USDA Rural Development Loans and Grants
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Shoreline Conservation Service Grants/Loans Program
- EPA Section 319 Grants
Reach out to us today to discuss how we can help you with your grant funding needs!